Scott H Kollins
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
CCFP Faculty Fellow
||2608 Erwin Road, Suite 300
||DUMC Box 3527, Durham, NC 27705
Scott Kollins is a CCFP faculty fellow, associate professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences, faculty member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences and the director of the Duke University ADHD Program. In his laboratory, he and his colleagues study the neuropsychopharmacology of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in children, adolescents, and adults. His work covers a wide range of areas, including molecular genetics, neuroimaging, and clinical trials. He is particularly interested in understanding the comorbidity between ADHD and smoking/nicotine dependence.
- Ph.D. Auburn University - 1997
- ND Volkow, GJ Wang, JH Newcorn, SH Kollins, TL Wigal, F Telang, JS Fowler, RZ Goldstein, N Klein, J Logan, C Wong, JM Swanson (2011) Motivation deficit in ADHD is associated with dysfunction of the dopamine reward pathway.
- BF Fuemmeler, T Østbye, C Yang, FJ McClernon, SH Kollins (2011) Association between attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder symptoms and obesity and hypertension in early adulthood: a population-based study.
- SH Kollins, R Jain, M Brams, S Segal, RL Findling, SB Wigal, M Khayrallah (2011) Clonidine extended-release tablets as add-on therapy to psychostimulants in children and adolescents with ADHD.
- FJ McClernon, EE Van Voorhees, J English, M Hallyburton, A Holdaway, SH Kollins (2011) Smoking withdrawal symptoms are more severe among smokers with ADHD and independent of ADHD symptom change: results from a 12-day contingency-managed abstinence trial.
- SH Kollins, FA López, BD Vince, JM Turnbow, K Farrand, A Lyne, SB Wigal, T Roth (2011) Psychomotor functioning and alertness with guanfacine extended release in subjects with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
- EE Van Voorhees, KK Hardy, SH Kollins (2011) Reliability and validity of self- and other-ratings of symptoms of ADHD in adults.
- RV Kozink, SH Kollins, FJ McClernon (2010) Smoking withdrawal modulates right inferior frontal cortex but not presupplementary motor area activation during inhibitory control.
- SH Kollins, FJ McClernon, EE Van Voorhees (2010) Monetary incentives promote smoking abstinence in adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- ND Volkow, GJ Wang, SH Kollins, TL Wigal, JH Newcorn, F Telang, JS Fowler, W Zhu, J Logan, Y Ma, K Pradhan, C Wong, JM Swanson (2009) Evaluating dopamine reward pathway in ADHD: clinical implications.
- SH Kollins, ME Garrett, FJ McClernon, AM Lachiewicz, E Morrissey-Kane, D FitzGerald, AL Collins, AD Anastopoulos, AE Ashley-Koch (2009) Effects of postnatal parental smoking on parent and teacher ratings of ADHD and oppositional symptoms.
- SH Kollins, J English, R Robinson, M Hallyburton, AK Chrisman (2009) Reinforcing and subjective effects of methylphenidate in adults with and without attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- SH Kollins, FJ McClernon, JN Epstein (2009) Effects of smoking abstinence on reaction time variability in smokers with and without ADHD: an ex-Gaussian analysis.
- SH Kollins, FJ McClernon, BF Fuemmeler (2005) Association between smoking and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder symptoms in a population-based sample of young adults.
- SH Kollins, CR Rush (2002) Sensitization to the cardiovascular but not subject-rated effects of oral cocaine in humans.
- SH Kollins, EK MacDonald, CR Rush (2001) Assessing the abuse potential of methylphenidate in nonhuman and human subjects: a review.
- TS Critchfield, SH Kollins (2001) Temporal discounting: basic research and the analysis of socially important behavior.
- LK Murray, SH Kollins (2000) Effects of methylphenidate on sensitivity to reinforcement in children diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: an application of the matching law.
- SH Kollins, CR Rush (1999) Effects of training dose on the relationship between discriminative-stimulus and self-reported drug effects of d-amphetamine in humans.
- EL Daleiden, BF Chorpita, SH Kollins, RS Drabman (1999) Factors affecting the reliability of clinical judgments about the function of children's school-refusal behavior.
- SH Kollins, CR Rush, PJ Pazzaglia, JA Ali (1998) Comparison of acute behavioral effects of sustained-release and immediate-release methylphenidate.
- SH Kollins, SK Shapiro, MC Newland, A Abramowitz (1998) Discriminative and participant-rated effects of methylphenidate in children diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- CR Rush, SH Kollins, PJ Pazzaglia (1998) Discriminative-stimulus and participant-rated effects of methylphenidate, bupropion, and triazolam in d-amphetamine-trained humans.